Friday, September 27, 2013

Review Rimmel Sunlight Bronzer 021, Match Perfection Blush Light Medium 002

Oh boy. Where do I even begin.

I picked up two Rimmel products while perusing the Wal-mart isles, and for a mere $5 each got my hands on the Sunlight Bronzer & the Match Perfection Light/Medium blush.

Rimmel Sunlight 021 Bronzer

Rimmel Sunlight 021 Bronzer


I am a sucker for a cute design. I think the little sun embossing pulled me to this particular bronzer...but it also does not hurt that it was under $5. I am a huge fan of Rimmel Stay Matte powder. It is up there with Maybelline Dream Matte powder as my all-time favorite HG setting powder. Anyway, I digress. 

Rimmel Sunlight 021 Bronzer closeup

In the pan it looks like a pretty beige-y brown with a bit of shimmer. It looks like it would be a lovely bronzer for us super pale ladies.


...and then I got it home and swatched it. Holy sparkles, Batman. Not shimmer, not a hint of shine, but gritty, chunky glitter. It was ultra powdery too, and took MANY swipes to get the color payoff you see in the swatch. There was like...no color at all. Just gold glitter. I cannot even express to you my disappointment with this product. I was hoping it would apply better to the face than it did in the swatch. Sometimes products surprise you like that.

Rimmel Sunlight 021 Bronzer, Match Perfection Blush Light Medium 002 FOTD Review
Excuse the blur...I must have put a smudge on my camera lens ><
Rimmel Blush & Bronzer on cheeks

 ...It did not. As you can (hopefully..) see above, there is very little color deposited. And even that little bit of color took many a swipe. And I used a MAC 109 brush. I mean, come on. Although it did leave a HEAP of gold glitter all over my face. Even though I love me some Edward (dont judge me xD) I do not want to sparkle like a Twilight Vampire (does anyone, REALLY?)

Rimmel Match Perfection Light/Medium 002 Blush


If you were hoping the blush faired better than the bronzer...you will be disappointed. The blush is matte, without a hint of shimmer, so thankfully it did not have the same crazy glitter fallout everywhere.


I like the fact that the blush and bronzer were the same size as the stay matte powder. It is really a huge amount, and you could easily use your brush to pick up just one of these three colors or swirl it around to combine them.
Rimmel Match Perfection Light/Medium 002 Blush swatch

For this swatch I chose to combine them. The color you see here took MANY swipes to achieve. This blush is very poorly pigmented but not in the same way the ELF studio blushes are. With these, it is almost impossible to build up any color at all...and when you do, the result is subpar; a patchy, powdery mess.

The Verdict: Stay away. Although I love the Rimmel Stay Matte powder, there are MUCH higher quality drugstore blush and bronzer options to choose from. Both the Rimmel Sunlight Bronzer and the Rimmel Match Perfection Blush in Light/Medium were total duds for me. As with any beauty product, though, your mileage may vary.

No comments:

Post a Comment