Monday, September 23, 2013

FOTD & Review ELF Candid Coral

Yesterday whilst I was out running errands, I picked up a few elf blushes. One of those blushes was Candid Coral. 


ELF Candid Coral Studio Blush

It looks so pretty in the pan, a faintly shimmery peachy coral. This blush has been touted as a dupe for Nars Orgasm (....it is funny how many times I see this, when in reality I have never come across anything quite like Orgasm) It is not. Not even close. It is also sometimes referred to as a dupe for Nars Deep Throat. Nope, not there either. Deep Throat is more pink. But it is quite a pretty blush in its own right.

ELF Candid Coral swatch
Heavy swatch
This is not a highly pigmented blush. In fact, on my super fair skin, it took about 3 passes to get the kind of color payoff that you can usually get from a highend blush in a single sweep. I do not consider this a terrible fault, though, at least for me. It is nice not to have to worry about giving yourself clown cheeks. :D And for $3 it really is a steal. 

It applies smoothly and evenly, and is not overly shimmery. Meaning, it does not fall into my pores and highlight them. And It is not a crazy powdery mess (I am looking at you, Nyx blushes)



Throughout the day, it does oxidize a little on me and turn a bit more orange. 


FACE:
Kat Von D Lock-It Tattoo Concealer in Light 18
PC Barely There Sheer Matte Tint Level 1 Fair/Light
Maybelline Dream Matte Powder in Cream
ELF Candid Coral Studio Blush

EYES:
UD Stash smudged out on top and bottom lashlines
Covergirl Lashblast Volume

LIPS:
Carmex
Maybelline Coral Crush lipstick

No comments:

Post a Comment