Monday, April 21, 2014

Tria Age Defying Laser for Acne Scarring

So now that I've had my acne under control for several months, I've been looking into ways to reduce the scarring. When I say scarring, I don't mean the PIH (post inflammatory hyperpigmentation, the red or brown marks left behind from breakouts), I mean a few craters from really, really bad cysts from over a year ago. They're still pinkish brown in color and if anything, with time and reduced inflammation of the scar, they've gotten deeper. I have two on my left cheek that are deep. I also have shallower scars on my left and right cheeks. My scars aren't terrible. They could DEFINITELY be worse. I would still like to improve the appearance of them because makeup tends to cake up on them and it makes me super self conscious. They are constant reminders of the war I had with acne for most of my adult life.

ANYWAY. I've used a dermaroller and dermastamp in the past. They've been okay, and might have done some good. Recently, I decided to purchase a Tria Age Defying laser. I know this ISN'T the intended use for the device but I've done a lot of reading on fractional lasers and *THINK* this might work well if given enough time and patience (much like microneedling, I think). I'm excited to try it. Even if it can reduce the amount of wonky pigmentation from old acne, that would be awesome. After 6 months of being mostly acne free, I'm still left looking like I have acne breakouts from the amount of pizza face pigmentation going on.

I'm going to post a before picture in decent, natural light and take pictures every 4 weeks, probably. I am never good at the "blow by blows" but want some documentation of progress or lack thereof. And hopefully it will help someone in a similar situation to me decide if this is worth the $500 investment or just save your money for professional fractional treatments.

No comments:

Post a Comment